Fate and destiny are such terms which are intertwined during our day to day conversations. It is not uncommon to hear people say sometimes that, “She eventually met her fate” or “it must be his destiny”. But has it ever occurred to you the real difference between fate and destiny? It is believed that fate is based on a pre-existing notion that there is a natural order of the universe which can never change, irrespective of the fact, no matter how hard we try to change it.
“Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.”
Overall, fate binds negative notions connected with it. Whenever something bad happens, it is always because of fate, at least that is what most claims it to be. Through the ages, fate has come to be associated with our lives which is already predetermined and written in our stars. Fate is something undesirable, at least the pessimistic terms such as “to seal one’s fate” and “ a fate worse than death” prove it to be so.
Destiny, on the other hand, is related to more positive notions of our lives. It is something we can actively shape and alter. There is an element of choice when it comes to destiny, unlike fate. Qualities such as patience, compassion, willpower, and courage help to change and control one’s destiny. Actions can become habits, habits can become a character and finally, the character can become your destiny. This is why most people believe that your destiny really lies in your hands.
Fate is something which one cannot change it is inevitable. Destiny is what happens to you when you commit to growing and fate is what happens to your life when you do not take your own responsibilities. Active and conscious decisions make you “destined for greatness”.
One can say that fate and destiny are the two sides of the same coin; both are predetermined and reflect on our existence. But there is an important thing to note, there are infinite possibilities to life. Fulfilling your destiny means actively and consciously streaming our lives in a certain direction.
We have compiled some of the best quotes about fate and destiny. The choice is yours, which side do you choose!
Famous Fate And Destiny Quotations
- “What’s meant to be will always find a way.”
- “Actions are the seed of fate.”- Harry S Truman
- “Fate leads the willing and drags along the reluctant.”- Seneca
- “It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” – William Shakespeare
- “Hardship often prepares an ordinary person for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.” – Jean de La Fontaine
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “Sometimes we can only find our true direction when we let the wind of change carry us” ― Mimi Novic
- “Fate means seeing the hand of God move clearly through your life, even with your eyes closed.”- Rusty Fischer
- “Fate – everything happens for a reason. And when fate happens to look for the good in it as it is there!”- Catherine Pulsifer
- “A part of fate is the freedom of man. Forever wells up the impulse of choosing and acting in his soul.”- Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.” – The Bhagavad Gita
- “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” – William Jennings Bryan
- “The concept of destiny is something that humanity has to get rid of because it degrades the future-creator power of human mind!” ― Mehmet Murat ildan
- “It is a sign of all those cowards who say, “This is my bad luck and I will have to accept it.” A positive thinker would say, “I will decide my fate and my own destiny.” – Bill Mcdowell
Inspirational Quotes about Destiny and Fate
Hope you enjoy these popular fate sayings and images, wallpapers and share it with your friends and family on social media.