Dealing with narcissist and selfish parents? We’ve covered a list of heart touching selfish parents quotes, sayings, and proverbs (with images, pics, and photos) which will enlighten the right way to raise your kids.
Dealing with toxic parents can be challenging. A mother and father should never be emotionally unavailable to their kids. It’s their responsibility to stand by their children and support them when required.
Parents often try to burden their children with their dreams and aspirations, which they could not fulfill in their lives. But I feel for healthy relationships parents should always listen to their child’s aims and understand them.
Related: Parents and Children Relationship Quotes
Sometimes parents can be very heartless with their children and this may leave your child feeling abandoned and unloved. Bad parenting often impacts the child’s mindset in the long term in life, so take care of your little angels with love, empathy, and understanding.
Quotes About Parents Being Selfish
- “Being a selfish parent is a sign of not having learned from experience.”
- “Parents forgive their children least readily for the faults they themselves instilled in them.”
- “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.”
- “I want someday to be able to love with the same intensity and unselfishness that parents love their children with.”
- “Selfish people lost so much in life because even when they realize they are wrong, they don’t know how to ask for forgiveness or show regrets.”
- “It is the selfish parents who are to blame. Pay attention, be involved in your children’s lives. They are your legacy, your only hope.” — Aaron B. Powell
- “Instead of treating your child like how you were treated. Treat them with the same love and attention you wanted from your parents while growing up.”
- “They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right?” “You’d think so.” ― N.R. Walker, Spencer Cohen, Book Three
- “All parents believe their children can do the impossible. They thought it the minute we were born, and no matter how hard we’ve tried to prove them wrong, they all think it about us now. And the really annoying thing is, they’re probably right.”
- “If all the people in this world, in which we live, were as selfish as a few of the people in this world, in which we live, there would be no world in which to live.”
- Related: Quotes about Selfish Friends and People
What are the Characteristics of Selfish Parents?
- Instead of raising a child whose own thoughts, emotions, and goals are nurtured and valued, the offspring becomes a mere extension of the parent’s personal dreams, where the child’s individuality is lost.
- Many narcissistic parents suffer from a false superiority image, where they feel they are right about everything they say and do.
- One of the most common manifestations of a selfish mother or father is the inability to be mindful of the child’s own feelings, thoughts and dreams. They ignore what’s really important to their kids. Only what the parent thinks and feels matters.
- Sometimes parents are too possessive and do not want their children to be very independent and take decisions individually.
- Sometimes parents are very self-absorbing and do not extend the warmth, love, and validation she or he craves for The child is left on his or her own or to the other parent.
Looking for more quotes on